At Pleo, we work together to become better. Better at making everyone feel valued at work. Better at how we support businesses to manage their company spending. Better at how we empower our users across different markets and languages with truly localised products and experiences.
We have big plans for the company's future, and localisation is one of the key enablers for growth.
The localisation team at Pleo is growing, and we need you - our new Localisation Operations Specialist.
As a Localisation Operations Specialist at Pleo, you will work with teams across the company to build products and create client experiences that work seamlessly in multiple locales.
You will probably have had experience with localisation/translation project management from an agency or the buyer side. You have a degree in foreign languages, linguistics or communication, or something entirely else. Yet, you fell in love with localisation, and now it's all you can imagine yourself doing.
Ideally, you have language vendor management experience and a good grasp of localisation and internationalisation best practices. You are excited to interact with multiple teams and accelerate all Pleo teams to deliver truly localised products and client experiences.
The localisation team at Pleo are key drivers for developing foundational capabilities to translate and localise products and content at scale. Our main goal is to create a smooth, automated, continuous localisation process for everyone involved - engineers, translators, localisation managers, customer success managers, marketers, and product owners. We cover multiple areas from web & mobile applications to productised onboarding, website, help centre to build a best-in-class localisation framework.
- Are a master of maintaining efficient workflows and localisation process
- Excel at offering localisation support to internal teams: from marketing and product, to customer success and customer education
- Enjoy solving localisation issues and managing localisation requests
- Possess sound knowledge of localisation best practices
- Have a soft spot for documentation, implementation, and sharing of localisation best practices
- Love to challenge existing processes, introduce improvements and ensure optimal solutions
- Experience in a deadline-driven role with accountability for delivering projects with multiple components and stakeholders
- Experience with/keen interest in creating and optimising marketing and product localisation processes
- Experience with/keen interest in internal translation review workflows and translation quality management
- Experience working with multiple CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools, content management systems and project management tools
- Experience working with Translation Management Systems. We are using Lokalise.
- Fluent in more than one European language. Excellent level of English
Your colleagues say you
- work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- are easygoing and fun to work with
- enjoy making others' work easier
- organised, structured and a master of spreadsheets
- are a person that they like to have a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- loved watching TV in foreign languages
- love to take on challenges
- probably work with translations (moms)
And here are some nice gestures that we do
- You get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)…
- …or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, Montreal)
- Catered lunch in our offices
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Great parental leave: 100% paid, 24 weeks for mums & 8 weeks for dads
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Once a quarter – in any normal year – our entire company gets together at a team camp.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 400+ team, from over 54 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 22 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂